High Temperature Cement
- “Development of silica-enriched cement-based materials with improved aging resistance for application in high-temperature environments,” Krakowiak, K.J., Thomas, J.J., James, S., Abuhaikal, M. and Ulm, F.-J., Cement and Concrete Research, 105 (2018), 91.
- “Inference of the phase-to-mechanical property link via coupled X-ray spectrometry and indentation analysis: Application to cement-based materials,” Krakowiak, K.J., Wilson, W., James, S., Musso, S. and Ulm, F.-J., Cement and Concrete Research, 67 (2015), 271.
- “Nano-chemo-mechanical signature of conventional oil-well cement systems: Effects of elevated temperature and curing time,” Krakowiak K.J., Thomas, J.J., Musso, S., James, S., Akono, A.-T. and Ulm F.-J., Cement and Concrete Research, 67 (2015), 103.
Cement Sheath Integrity
- “The scratch test for strength and fracture toughness determination of oil well cements cured at high temperature and pressure,” Ulm, F.-J. and James, S., Cement and Concrete Research, 41 (2011), 942.
- “Zonal Isolation Modeling and Measurements - Past Myths and Today's Realities,” James, S. and Boukhelifa, L., SPE Drilling & Completion, March 2008, 23(1), 68.
- “Evaluation of Cement Systems for Oil and Gas Well Zonal Isolation in a Full-Scale Annular Geometry,” Boukhelifa, L., Moroni, N., James, S.G., Le Roy-Delage, S., Thiercelin, M.J. and Lemaire, G., SPE Drilling & Completion, March 2005, 20(1), 44.
P&A and Foam cement
- “Laboratory and Field Validation of a Sealant System for Critical Plug and Abandon Situations,” Naglehout, A.C.G., Bosma, M.G.R., Mul, P.J., Krol, G.G., van Velzen, J.F.G., Joldersma, J.S., James, S.G., Dargaud, B., Schreuder, G.J.R. and Thery, F., SPE Drilling & Completion, September 2010, 25(3), 314.
- “Rheology of foamed cement,” Ahmed, R.M., Takach, N.E., Khan, U.M., Taoutaou, S., James, S., Sassen, A. and Godoy, R., Cement and Concrete Research, 39 (2009), 353.
Permeable Cement, Lost Circulation and Calcium Aluminate Cement
- “The Search for Alternatives to Screen: Is Permeable Cement a Viable Option,” Vidick, B., James, S., and Drochon, B., SPE Drilling & Completion, September 2008, 23(3), 229.
- “Understanding Lost Circulation While Cementing: Field Study and Laboratory Research,” Therond, E., Taoutaou, S., James, S. G., Way, P. W., Gomes, P., & Dondale, A., SPE Drilling & Completion, March 2018, 33(1), 77.
- “Effect of tartaric acid on hydration of a sodium-metasilicate activated blend of calcium aluminate cement and fly ash F,” Pyatina, T., Sugama, T., Moon, J. and James, S., Materials 2016, 9, 422.
Fracturing and Sand Control
- “Screenless Completions: Cost Effective Sand Control in the Adriatic Sea,” Pitoni, E., Devia, F., James, S.G. and Heitmann, N., SPE Drilling & Completion, December 2000, 15(4), 293.
- “High Permeability Channels in Proppant Packs Containing Random Fibers,” Howard, P.R., James, S.G. and Milton-Tayler, D., SPE Production & Facilities, August 1999, 14(3), 197.
Thermoplastics and Liquid Crystal Polymers
- “Measurement of the Interfacial Tension Between Polyethersulphone and a Thermotropic Liquid Crystalline Copolyester,” James, S.G., Donald, A.M., Miles, I.S., Mallagh, L., and MacDonald, W.A., J.Polym. Sci. Polym. Physics, 1993, 31, 227.
- “Correlation Between the Morphology and Permeability of Liquid Crystalline Polymer/Polyethersulphone Blends,” James, S.G., Donald, A.M., Miles, I.S., and MacDonald, W.A., High Performance Polymers, 1992, 4, 3.
- “Rheology of a Smectic Main Chain Polymer,” James, S.G., Navard, P., and Noel, C., Rheologica Acta, 1990, 29, 368.
- “Blends of a Liquid Crystalline Copolyester with Polyethersulphone,” James, S.G., Donald, A.M., and MacDonald, W.A., Mol. Cryst., Liq, Cryst., 1987, 153, 491.
- “Flow-Induced Structures in Isotropic and Anisotropic Cellulose Derivative Blends,” James, S.G., Schatzle, J., Tsakalos, V., Peuvrel-Disdier, E., and Navard, P., Cellulose and Cellulose Derivatives, 1995, 393.